Join the Team
Great Parks Foundation is looking for a talented and dynamic communications professional. The Communications and Special Events Manager will lead several strategies related to the organization’s objective to raise awareness of the Foundation, as well as support strategies related to other key objectives. This full-time employment opportunity offers competitive salary and benefits.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual tactical communications plan
- Write content and manage the production of donor acknowledgements, e-newsletters, website, mass email campaigns, direct mail, infographics, social media, online calendars, radio advertising, annual report, and material for public appearances
- Capture stories of Great Parks’ guests and donors impacted by the Foundation’s efforts
- Manage and maintain fundraising database, including data entry
- Manage small special events, including volunteers, budget, promotion, and logistics
- Support Executive Director and volunteers on large events
- Build connections with local influencers and media outlets
- All other duties as assigned
- Three to five years related experience that evidences a comprehensive knowledge of the communications field
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or related field preferred
- Excellent written communications skills for a variety of formats, including e-newsletters, direct mail solicitations, social media, website, and media releases
- Social media savvy and technology proficient
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to balance a wide variety of activities
- Successful experience managing and engaging volunteer committees
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in eTapestry strongly preferred
- Graphic design skills and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred
- Must be available to work evenings and occasional weekends particularly prior to the key fundraising events
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds of equipment or materials and standing for prolonged periods during events
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 work samples such as a direct mail solicitation, newsletter article, media release, social media post, or blog entry to Alicia Culman at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 6. No phone calls please.
Great Parks Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer. Great Parks Foundation provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law. This protection applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.